ABOUT OUR 2016 CHARITY DRIVE IN KWAZULU-NATAL
Husky Rescue KZN rehabilitates rescued Huskies. Charnelle, who heads up the organisation hopes to one day use the Huskies in an Animal Assisted Therapy Program, working with people who have suffered emotional traumas.
Ultimately, the aim is to re-home these amazing animals into the care of individuals who can take care of their special needs.
The rescue centre is based in Cato Ridge and was selected as the beneficiary of Renewal Institute’s KZN charity drive for 2016.
On October 23rd, the Renewal Institute team hosted a Fun Run/Walk at Giba Gorge to raise funds for Husky Rescue KZN. Members of the public were encouraged to support this worthy cause. Ticket proceeds will go towards the maintenance of the Husky Rescue KZN unit, vet bills, food and care for our furry friends.
Feedback on the event:
- A walk to the waterfall was well received. People came back soaking and full of mud, wearing very big smiles.
- Everyone warmed up with their complimentary afros meals.
- The girls ran around making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. Was a lovely vibe.
- We managed to raise roughly R10 000.
We had great sponsors, a big thank you for the following:
- Fagron sponsored R5000!
- Jumping castle from Rascals Jumping Castles
- Venue hire was free from Giba Gorge
- Bravecto donated leads and poop bags
- Photobooth-KZN sponsored a photo booth
- Alan Gaines (Modac) made a personal donation of R2000
Our KZN staff members assisted the centre with the following tasks:
- Selling baked goods & raffles
- Face painting
- Looking after kids
- Cleaning of dog boxes
- Replacing hay in dog boxes
- Washing all dogs
- Walking the older pups
- Sweeping of paved areas
- Feeding the dogs