TCA Peels at a Glance
Skin Renewal Tip
Unfortunately "Perfect skin" has not been handed out by nature - it has to be bought and this usually comes at an expensive price. No matter how great your skin is at 25, the inevitable age spots, pigmentation marks, red blemishes and sagging will slowly leave their marks on one's face by the time one reaches 35
Our signature treatment at Skin Renewal, 3 D Skin Rejuvenation™, is one of the most effective non ablative skin rejuvenation solutions available and involves combining three clinical applications viz. Titan, Photo Genesis and Laser Genesis. Separately each clinical application presents a powerful solution for the most in demand, fastest growing procedures with no downtime. At Skin Renewal 3 D Skin Rejuvenation™ by Cutera is combined with a Radiofrequency procedure, an exfoliation procedure and Transdermal Mesotherapy with Growth Factors for enhanced results and a brighter complexion. See before and after pictures below.
At Skin Renewal, with combination treatments every 2 weeks, in 3 months we can take almost any skin to the next level: luminous, smooth and tight
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Are TCA Peels available at all Skin Renewal branches?
- 2What is a TCA (Trichloracetic Acid) Peel?
- 3Who would benefit from exfoliation treatments with TCA Chemical Peels?
- 4When should one start with TCA Chemical Peels?
- 5What preparation of the skin is needed prior to an exfoliation procedure?
- 6What results can be expected after a TCA Peel?
- 7What to Expect After the TCA Chemical Peel?
- 8Can all skin types be safely treated with a TCA Chemical Peel?
TCA Peel treatments are available in Johannesburg at the Morningside, Parkhurst, Bedfordview, Fourways and Illovo clinics, and in Pretoria at Irene and Brooklyn. In the Western Cape at Cape Quarter,Claremont, Constantia, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and Willowbridge branches and KwaZulu Natal in Hillcrest and Umhlanga.
A superficial TCA (Trichloracetic Acid) Peel is a quick, mild downtime procedure that renews the skin by lifting dead cells off the surface of your skin and stimulating metabolism of the cells underneath. With a series of TCA Peels you can quickly achieve substantial improvement in the appearance of superficial lines and uneven pigmentation, while making your skin look and feel softer, smoother, and more radiant. Acne scars and enlarged pores may become less noticeable, and acne breakouts may be reduced. At Skin Renewal we use Lamelle range of TCA peels.
Mild TCA Peels are usually suitable for all skin types including those patients with
- Acne or sensitive skin.
- Individuals who have sunspots, hormonal pigmentation, sun-damaged skin,
- dry, ageing skin,
- oily skin with enlarged pores and
- Acne scarring are also good candidates.
However all exfoliation treatments make your skin more sensitive to the sun thus a sunscreen of SPF# 30 should be used daily, and sun exposure avoided
After your initial consultation, you will be given a pigment lightening gel which must be applied to the entire face daily for ten days before the peeling process can begin. This down regulates the enzyme that produces melanin and will prevent the possibility of post inflammatory pigmentation PIH that can occur after any exfoliation procedure.
- The skin is continually undergoing natural exfoliation.
- As one age, the epidermal cell turnover slows down and one's skin becomes dull because the topmost layer consisting of dead cells becomes too thick.
- This dead layer can challenge the skin causing whiteheads, blackheads, rough texture and uneven appearance of the skin tone.
- If one exfoliates regularly, new healthy skin cell are exposed to nutrients from the air, water and daily skin products.
- These nutrients are then transported to the deeper skin cells where they are needed, improving circulation.
- Potential benefits of exfoliation include fresher, brighter looking skin and better penetration of active ingredients of skin care products.
After your initial consultation, you will be given a Brightening cream such as Luminesce which must be applied to the entire face daily for ten to 14 days before the peeling process can begin. This down regulates 6 enzyme pathways that produces melanin and will prevent the possibility of post inflammatory pigmentation PIH that can occur after any exfoliation procedure. The Acne 2 in 1 from Mannalabs is recommended for Acne prone patients to assist in treating acne from the inside.
Properties and benefits of Luminesce:
- This wider inhibitory effect is an industry first, positioning the Luminesce range as one of the most innovative.
- Lamelle uses groundbreaking peptide technology (Oligopeptide 34) for treating pigmentation and has recently added 3 new peptides to the program which offers excellent results in combating epidermal age spots and post inflammatory hyper- pigmentation ( PIH).
- An added benefit is that the combination of peptides used in the range offers anti-ageing benefits to the skin as they stimulate collagen producing cells.
- Luminesce used twice daily for 8 weeks will reduce the appearance of age spots and is safe for use on all skin types unlike traditional skin lightening cosmeceutical products as well as prescription medications
- These traditional products try combating age spots with disappointing results or worse - cause hypersensitive skin, which in turn aggravates the pigmentation
- Fine lines and wrinkles become less apparent
- Skin tone evens out
- Texture becomes more refined
- Oily or acne prone skin is improved
- Enlarged pores appear smaller
- Superficial scars appear reduced
- Skin appears healthier and more youthful
- Pigmentation is reduced in all skin types
A mild redness of the skin occurs following the procedure, followed by dark scaling that appears within three to five days and sloughs off after five to seven days. Mild peels such as the 10 to 15 % TCA may be repeated at four-week intervals until the desired clinical effect is achieved.
Yes, all skin types can be safely treated with a low strength of up to 10 % TCA Chemical Peel without significant pain or down-time. It can improve acne, pigmentation, texture, pores and surface irregularities in only 2 to 4 treatment sessions two to four weeks apart.
1 Reviews (average: 5 out of 5)See all reviews
Melissa is always friendly and 100% punctual, she also takes the time to make it a lovely and relaxing experience. I never feel rushed, the atmosphere is calm and tranquil. She has never hurt me and I she will often ask how my experience is. I thoroughly enjoy my treatments with her. She is both extremely knowledgeable and efficient in all she recommends and does!