Melasma, also known as hormonal pigmentation, is a considerable problem for South African women. It is a chronic skin condition that occurs on the face in the form of brown patches and is a dynamic (active) condition that needs lifelong management.
Skin Renewal Tip
- Consult one of our Health Renewal Doctors to discuss hormone balancing treatment options.
- Certain medical conditions are key players in your overall health and are the root cause of your pigmentation problems.
- Failure to address these conditions will lead to failure of your Hormonal Pigment treatment plan and ALSO lead to chronic disease.
- Avoid sun exposure to your face, neck and décolleté and wear a protective hat when outdoors for extended periods to further block these rays.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30+ to block the UVA rays every day to help prevent melasma/hormonal pigmentation
- In addition your sunscreen you should also apply an anti oxidants such as Vit C, Vit E , Ferulic and Phloretin to protect against infra red A
- At least 5 mls/1 teaspoon of sunscreen should be applied daily to the face, neck and décolleté twice a day to prevent melasma/hormonal pigmentation
- Taking an oral anti oxidant supplement such as Ovelle or Heliocare daily is clinically proven to raise one's level of resistance to the sun and also helps to reduce the melanin content in the skin down the line.
- A daily high dose of 4000 mg of MSM per day will increase intra cellular Glutathione and help reduce pigmentation in the skin
- As melasma is a dynamic condition and needs to be managed daily and indefinitely, one day of unintentional sun burn can set you back.
- At Skin Renewal we recommend that you avoid hot baths, Bikram Yoga, steam saunas, tanning beds and dry saunas as they can cause excessive inflammation and may aggravate hormonal pigmentation.
- A perfect antidote to dull, pigmented skin in the winter months is one of Skin Renewal's signature facial: the Brightening mesoglow facial with transdermal brightening agents. This pampering facial is a four-in-one treatment and is exciting everyone who tries it out as its versatile, suits everyone and leaves skin tighter, brighter, younger and fresher.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What is the cause of increased pigmentation and darkening of the skin?
- 2How is skin colour produced?
- 3What is hormonal pigmentation, also known as melasma?
- 4What is the cause of Hormonal pigmentation/Melasma?
- 5What appearance does Hormonal pigmentation/Melasma have?
- 6Where does Melasma appear on the face?
- 7What are the different types of Melasma? (This describes how deep the pigment is in the skin and how to treat it)
- 8How do I get started?
- 9Why should one consult with a Skin Renewal doctor to assess your pigmentation?
- 10What can you expect during your consultation for pigmentation at Skin Renewal?
- 11How is hormonal pigmentation/melasma managed at Skin Renewal?
- 12What other Skin Renewal Brightening agents may be prescribed for you by the Skin Renewal doctors?
- 13Why are certain hormonal pigmentation conditions so difficult to resolve?
- 14What is infra red A ?
- 15How do the oral anti oxidants such as Ovelle and Heliocare protect one's Skin internally?
- 16How do we mange resistant Hormonal pigmentation/ Melasma at Skin Renewal?
- 17What new innovative skin brightening INFUSIONS are available at Skin Renewal Renewal?
- 18Why is Glutathione called the "master anti oxidant" as every system in the body is affected by the Glutathione system, including
- 19Why are intra venous infusions Glutathione better than oral supplementation for Skin Brightening?
- 20How often should one have an IV glutathione Multivitamin Therapy?
- 21How does MSM benefit Melasma, Skin, Nails, Hair and Connective issue?
- 22What are new pigmentation peptides developments in the treatment of Melasma/ Hormonal pigmentation?
- 23What other forms of pigmentation conditions are there ?
There are many possible causes of pigmentation disorders, which are marked by changes in melanin, the pigment in skin.These may include progesterone (the Mirena), photosensitizing medications, thyroid dysfunction, stress and dysbiosis.
There's overwhelming evidence that certain medical conditions are key players in your overall health and are the root cause of your pigmentation problems. Failure to address these conditions will lead to failure of your Hormonal Pigment treatment plan and ALSO lead to chronic disease.
Melasma is more prevalent in darker-complexioned individuals though persons of any race can be affected due to the intense sun exposure in South Africa. This condition is seen most frequently in young women from the age of 28 years but can also be seen in men.
At Skin, Body, Health Renewal, we treat all our patients holistically by dealing with all the issues that may be responsible for their initial presentation of hormonal pigmentation/ melasma at Skin Renewal. After obtaining a thorough history from our patients to exclude medical conditions that could be aggravating the hormonal pigmentation, we include ESSENTIAL supplements into our Hormonal Pigmentation treatment packages for optimal pigmentation treatments and health.
The short answer is that melanin-its amount, quality, and distribution- creates human skin colour. The slightly longer answer is that melanin is produced within melanosomes, organelles located in the cytoplasm of melanocytes (skin cells in the basal layer of your epidermis). The number of melanocytes in human skin is the same in people of all races; in darker-skinned individuals, though, the melanosomes are larger and contain more melanin. Once melanin is produced, melanosomes migrate to the melanocytes' dendrite tips, where they come into contact with keratinocytes, skin cells closer to the surface of the epidermis. The final stage of the pigmentation process, however, wherein melanin is transferred from the melanocytes to keratinocytes, is still poorly understood.
Melasma, also known as hormonal pigmentation, is a considerable problem for South African women. It is a chronic skin condition that occurs on the face in the form of brown patches and is a dynamic (active) condition that needs lifelong management. Its incidence is much higher in Asian and darker-skinned individuals than in fair-skinned people.
- In many cases, a direct relationship with female hormonal activity appears to be present because it occurs with pregnancy and with the use of oral contraceptive pills and HRT/ hormone replacement therapy. However, unopposed oestrogen may also be an underlying factor and thus it is essential that the cause of this unopposed oestrogen is identified. If these underlying conditions are not addressed, any pigmentation treatments are doomed for failure and the pigmentation will return. At Skin Renewal, all consultations are holistic and get to the root cause of the problem be it acne, Rosacea or hormonal pigmentation. Even our anti aging consultations are treated holistically.
- The pathophysiology of melasma is uncertain. In many cases, a direct relationship with female hormonal activity appears to be present because it occurs with pregnancy and with the use of oral contraceptive pills and HRT/ hormone replacement therapy.
- After pregnancy Melasma (chloasma) or pigmentation usually clears within a few months of delivery but may persist indefinitely.
- Any change in hormonal status with higher levels of estrogen is thought to trigger and aggravate the condition (i.e. birth control pills and pregnancy).Discontinuing the use of contraceptives rarely clears the pigmentation and it may last for many years after discontinuation.
- However many women without these risk factors also develop.
- Other factors that may be implicated are progesterone (the Mirena),
- photosensitizing medications such as tetracyclines or anti psychotic medication or medical conditions such as mild ovarian or thyroid dysfunction and dysbiosis, thus it is important to consult with a Skin Renewal doctor to diagnose the cause of Hormonal pigmentation/ Melasma.
- Other possible causes could probably include genetic predisposition and exposure to ultraviolet light. visible light which emits infra red A ( sunlight , TVs, computer screens, fluorescent lights, hair dryers, clay ovens) and excessive heat which causes inflammation ( such as saunas and steam baths).
- Stress may also produce certain hormones that worsen melasma.
- UVA rays are a stimulant for melanin (brown pigmentation) to develop on the skin, and unfortunately can even penetrate through car window glass.
- Any activities that cause intense heat to the face ( from steam showers, hot closed environments, sitting on the beach even under cover and with full sun protection, etc) causes inflammation which is a powerful stimulator of melanin.
- Melasma is more prevalent in darker-complexioned individuals though persons of any race can be affected due to the intense sun exposure in South Africa.
Pigmentation disorders such as melasma or chloasma (during pregnancy) arise from increased melanin in the lower layers of the skin and increased free melanin in the skin. Hormonal pigmentation is usually brown with a non-distinct border, and is usually found symmetrically on the face or jawline . Melasma can appear on the central facial areas such as the cheeks, moustache, and forehead areas. Melasma affects both men and women, though it is more frequent in women (up to 30% may be affected) and usually starts to appear from the age of 28 years onwards.
- Centro Facial (forehead),
- Malar (cheekbones) and
- Mandibular (jawline).
- Epidermal melasma is the most common form and is easily treated with a combination of superficial chemical peels, Limelight or Photo Genesis procedures.
- Dermal melasma: If the melanin has leached into the dermis, this is known as dermal melasma. The deeper the pigment is and the more difficult it is to treat. Dermal melasmas not treated with superficial peels and is best treated with mid dermal peels such as a Skin Renewal's 3 D peel, Cosmelan, Dermamelan or injected mesotherapy with Tranexamic acid to penetrate into the dermis to reach the pigment.
- Mixed Epidermal-Dermal melasma is a combination of the above and is treated the same way as dermal melasma.
Make an appointment to consult with your Skin Renewal Doctor and he/ she will assist you in determining your risk factors for pigmentation and how best to prevent any problems or conditions that you may be susceptible to.
At Skin, Body, Health Renewal, we treat all our patients holistically by dealing with all the issues that may be responsible for their initial presentation. One should consult with Skin Renewal doctor to rule out the possibility of an underlying systemic health disorder that requires medical treatment. There's overwhelming evidence that certain medical conditions are key players in your overall health and are the root cause of your pigmentation problems. Failure to address these conditions may lead to failure of your Hormonal Pigment treatment plan and ALSO lead to chronic disease.
Your Skin Renewal doctor will conduct a physical examination, examining the location, distribution, color, and appearance of the areas of increased pigmentation. Ask your Skin Renewal doctor to look at your skin with a Wood's light- a type of black light -which is available at all Skin Renewal clinics - or the Visia Complexion analyser
Your Skin Renewal doctor will also evaluate whether external factors, such as hormones, medications, chemical exposure, or other environmental influences could have contributed to the increased deposition of pigment in the skin. Furthermore, the practitioner will make note of any prior history of pigmentation disorder and its treatment.
We also include ESSENTIAL supplements into our Hormonal Pigmentation treatment packages for optimal pigmentation treatments and health. Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Skin Renewal doctors to find out what underlying medical condition/ s could be aggravating your melasma/ hormonal pigmentation
The initial medical consultation at Skin Renewal will be approximately 30 minutes. A thorough evaluation will be done by your Skin Renewal doctor, who will identify underlying conditions and lifestyle habits that may be aggravating your condition.
If you think you are not affected by pigmentation, ask your Skin Renewal doctor to look at your skin with a Wood's light - a type of black light -which is available at all Skin Renewal clinics - or the Visia Complexion analyser. Our patients are always shocked by the as-yet-invisible dark spots that these lamps reveal. The Skin Renewal doctor will decide on a treatment plan or depending on:
- how long you have had hormonal pigmentation?
- If the Hormonal pigmentation/ melasma has been present or more than 2 years it may be more difficult to improve
- what medications you are taking
- previous treatment failures or successes
- whether dermal pigment is present.
- After the Woods lamp analysis, deeper dermal pigment can be identified and an appropriate treatment schedule can be prescribed
- your Skin type. Deeper/more aggressive skin peels and IPL/Lime Light procedures cannot be done on darker skin types 5 and 6
- your expectations and budget restraints
- your occupation/sporting/recreational activities
- A thorough evaluation will be done by your Skin Renewal doctor, who will identify conditions and lifestyle habits that may be aggravating your condition.
- Hormonal pigmentation/ Melasma is a dynamic, chronic condition which has to have ongoing management by applying a pigment inhibitor daily. We have numerous Prescription and non prescription topical Brightening / pigmentation products at Skin Renewal.
- Without the strict avoidance of sunlight and the continued use of home topicals mentioned above to downregulate the enzymes responsible for making pigment , potentially successful treatments for melasma and pigmentation are doomed to fail.
- To prevent increased Hormonal Pigmentation and PIH (Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) before and after any peel or IPL procedure, pretreatment for a period of 2 to 4 weeks is recommended to downregulate the enzymes responsible for making pigment
- Our superficial peeling treatment of choice at Skin Renewal is the Beta Melanostop peel which is a 4 peeling combination of salicylic acid, rescorcinol, phytic and azelaic acid combined with a transdermal brightening mesotherapy
- Prescription skin-bleaching agents are extremely helpful in lightening melasma and maintaining skin-lightening improvements and may be prescribed by our Skin Renewal doctors
- In addition, THE CONTINUED USE OF RECOMMENDED PIGMENTATION PRODUCTS IS MANDATORY AFTER ANY PEEL / IPL procedure .
- SPF of 50 MUST be applied twice daily
- Any laser procedure such as fractional laser that causes excessive redness and inflammation should be avoided as there may be aggressive rebound hormonal pigmentation a few weeks/ months later especially if NO post treatment depigmentation products are prescribed
- At Skin Renewal we recommend that you avoid hot baths, Bikram Yoga, steam saunas, tanning beds and dry saunas as they can cause excessive inflammation and may aggravate hormonal pigmentation
- At Skin Renewal we are pleased to introduce Skin Brightening IV infusions for pigmentation. See below
Many all-natural, topical skin-brightening agents have been found to be quite beneficial in lightening hyperpigmented areas of the skin. These include alpha arbutin, as well as kojic acid, azelaic acid nicotinamide and Liquorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra).
Topical applications of natural, fruit-derived alpha-hydroxy acids, including glycolic acid, have been extremely beneficial in combination with the aforementioned bleaching agents. For enhanced results, these products should be used in conjunction with exfoliation treatments such as peels and transdermal pigment lightening Mesotherapy.
The following is a list of skin care ingredients to AVOID due to worsening melasma pigmentation and dark spots.
oestradiol, oestrogen, genistein ,black cohosh, chasteberry, hops, red clever, soy, wild yams.
- If the underlying condition is not identified and managed, then the pigmentation will return and suboptimal treatment can be expected. That is why it is important to,attend a skin clinic that treats you holistically.
- Pigmentation present for more than 2 years may be more resistant to treatment as dermal pigment may be present and this may need transdermal therapy with TA (Tranexamic acid) or deeper peels Cosmelan or Dermamelan depigmentation treatments which are suitable or all Skin Renewal types.
- Dermal pigment is caused by the melanocyte distributing pigment/ melanin into the dermis instead of the epidermis.
- This dermal pigment may take longer to resolve than epidermal pigment . The source of the dermal pigment is the epidermis so if the epidermis can be prevented from making melanin for long periods with home topicals and peel/ depigmentation treatments such as a series of superficial peels, Cosmelan and Dermamelan, the dermal pigment will not replenish and will slowly resolve..but this may take months.
- Normal SPF sunblock protect against UVA and UVB but NOT AGAINST infra red A.
- Without the strict avoidance of sunlight and the continued use of home topicals mentioned above to downregulate the enzymes responsible for making pigment , potentially successful treatments for melasma and pigmentation are doomed to fail.
- infra red A , a relatively new discovery, is a deep dermal ray which causes accelerated ageing
- Infra red A is found in ANY visible light that emits heat such as sunlight, computer screens, fluorescent lights, heaters and even hair dryers
- Normal SPF 50 sunblock protects against UVA and UVB but does NOT protect AGAINST infra red A.
- One is only 56 % protected with a good SPF 50 sunblock
- If one applies a topical anti oxidant such a Vit C, Vit E , Ferulic and Phloretin, 96 % sun protection can be achieved
- Only topical antioxidants such as Vit C, Vit E , Ferulic and Phloretin can protect against infra red A
- For continued sun protection and to maintain results, oral supplements such as Ovelle( Pycnogenol®) or Heliocare( Polypodium Leucotomas ) together with MSM with Vit C can be taken orally to increase ones resistance to the sun
- In addition Pycnogenol and Polypodium Leucotomas are powerful anti oxidants that stop the enzyme that breaks down collagen( MMP) and protect against infra red A, which is present in the light from sun exposure, computer screens, fluorescent lights etc
- A thorough evaluation / medical history will be taken at the initial consultation to ensure that all causes of Melasma are addressed.
- After a series of 4 to 6 in office medical peel treatments combined with home topicals, the topical products need to be applied indefinitely and one of the above mentioned topicals is recommended. These can be alternated over time.
- If there no improvement after the 6th treatment then we usually recommend that a Health Renewal consult with one of our integrative doctors to exclude medical causes of pigmentation. This may also include a course of Skin Renewal lightening intra venous infusions with Glutathione .. See below
- In addition, if there no improvement after the 6th treatment of superficial peels and topical products, Cosmelan or Dermamelan or Injected Tranexamic acid mesotherapy treatments are recommended to treat dermal melasma and PIH which has been present for more than 2 yrs
- If the melanin has leached into the dermis, this is known as dermal melasma
- The Laser Genesis procedure can be done in all skin types as it targets dermal pigment by heating up the melanophage ( which contains the melanin) trapped in the and aids the "release" of the trapped dermal pigment so it can move up to the epidermis where it can be exfoliated with normal epidermal renewal. Laser genesis also "polishes" the skin and improves fine lines, wrinkles , pores and texture.
- For all peels prescription creams such as Retin A or retinols must be stopped stop 3 days before each treatment and restarted 3 days after the peeling process.
At Skin Renewal we are pleased to announce our new breakthrough in skin brightening and Cellular Defense: An intra venous infusion of a combination of powerful anti-oxidants such as glutathione delivered with vitamins and fluids to hydrate the skin and reduce melanin production in all our pigmentation afflicted patients. After a series of treatments a lighter fairer skin tone may result. Glutathione is an extremely effective antioxidant comprised of three essential amino acids. It plays a major role in helping your liver detoxify harmful chemicals by binding to the toxins, facilitating their easy elimination. The body produces glutathione naturally, and research has shown healthy intake of Vitamin C boosts its production. If glutathione levels are normal, the body’s ability to fight neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease is strong. If they are low, you are susceptible to a revolving door of conditions.
- the immune system,
- the gastrointestinal system
- the nervous system
Glutathione is a tripeptide (made of 3 amino acids) that is produced in the body in small amounts. Glutathione is an extremely effective antioxidant, which as we know means that it reduces free radicals in the body reactive oxygen compounds. It has also been shown to bind to toxic substances in the body and assist in flushing them out of the system. Glutathione is also an important player in the synthesis and repair of DNA, protein synthesis, and enzyme activation.
As you can see, glutathione should be an important part of any supplementation regimen. These benefits can be received through fairly reasonable dosages of Glutathione, making it an excellent addition to any supplementation regimen. At higher dosages, glutathione may also be effective at lightening skin.
There are few other factors which are predictive of our life expectancy as is our level of cellular glutathione. Glutathione levels in our cells are predictive of how long we will live. Glutathione is called the “Master Antioxidant” without it other important anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C and E cannot do their job adequately to protect your body against disease. No other anti-oxidant is as important to overall health as glutathione. It is the regulator and regenerator of immune cells and the most valuable detoxifying agent in the human body. Low levels are associated with hepatic dysfunction, immune dysfunction, cardiac disease, premature aging, and death. Glutathione is water soluble, and easily destroyed by the body systems.
The only downside to glutathione supplementation is that when taken orally, the gastrointestinal system breaks much of the glutathione down into its 3 component amino acids before it can be absorbed into the system. This means that you must take much more glutathione than the effective dose to make sure that you are getting a sufficient amount into the system. This is where IV Glutathione supplementation comes into play. By taking glutathione intravenously it is possible to get the supplement directly into the body in its original form, bypassing any of the degrading processes associated with oral supplementation.
For skin Brightening, this would seem to be the only reasonable method. Attempting to take a sufficient amount of glutathione for skin whitening through oral supplementation is wasteful and may be ineffective due to the breakdown of the digestive system. IV Glutathione for skin whitening has been used in China and Japan for many years to assist women with lightening their skin.
For skin Brightening, it is recommended to have IV infusions twice a week in the first month in order to get the full benefit. After this period, infusions can be done weekly until your desired skin tone and results are achieved. Thereafter a session every month to maintain results
MSM is a powerful activator of the powerful anti oxidant Glutathione . MSM may facilitate the break up of pigmentation in the skin/ dermis as it a natural detoxifier of the lipofuscin / lipopolysaccharides/ brown pigment in the skin .
MSM contains sulphur which is necessary for the production of new cells and plays an essential part in the synthesis of collagen and keratin, vital protein substances that are needed to make and maintain hair, nails and skin. Hair and nails grow faster and stronger with good levels of sulphur. This compound is also responsible for the flexible bonds between cells and helps to block the cross-linking of collagen, an effect responsible for the appearance of wrinkles and aging skin.
Sulfur helps the body to form keratin, the protein that makes up the main part of the outermost layers of your hair and nails. It is a tough, fibrous protein that is very resilient to the effects of damaging chemicals and other harmful agents. Each strand of hair has its own keratin supply, which is stored in the root. Sulfur is also contained in biotin, a B vitamin that is essential for shiny hair and strong nails. You may be interested to know that the natural inclination of hair to be straight or curly is maintained in part by the sulfur amino acids. MSM benefits dry scalp and hair and improves nail growth and benefits your cuticles and nails.
Acne, including rosacea has been shown to respond favourably to MSM in studies, sulphur has also been found to enhance wound repair. MSM acts to keep the skin's cells and the tissue soft. Keeping the skin soft ensures that it remains elastic enough to allow stretching and movement without damage. Smooth, flexible skin is less prone to wrinkles and dry flakiness. It even helps stretch marks. MSM benefits the skin and internal organs.
1. Lamelle's Luminesce, an advanced pigmentation program which addresses hyper-pigmentation by reducing melanin at several points in its production, as opposed to just one point as with other treatments. Luminesce uses groundbreaking peptide technology (Oligopeptide 34) for treating pigmentation .
2. Brighter Concentrate by Lamelle has Oligopeptide 34 plus 3 new novel pigmentation peptides added to the formula which offers excellent results in combating epidermal and post inflammatory hyper- pigmentation ( PIH).
An added benefit is that the combination of peptides used in the range offers anti-ageing benefits to the skin as they stimulate collagen producing cells. By adding the supplement Ovelle or Heliocare, the melasma will be reduced further by 37% within 4 to 6 weeks of use.
3. Lumixyl Brightening System is a revolutionary multi-faceted system that dramatically improves the appearance of hyperpigmentation tolerably and without the side effects associated with prescription Hydroquinone or retinoids. An innovation in skin brightening technology, Lumixyl Brightening System uses a decapeptide to target existing hyperpigmentation and to prevent its recurrence. Lumixyl products are proven to be powerful but gentle on skin. Lumixyl is ideal for all skin types.
The following is a list of skin care ingredients to USE if you have Melasma;
arbutin, bearberry, cucumber extract, hydroquinone, kojic acid, licorice extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, mulberry extract, niacinamide, retinol, resorcinol, beta hydroxyl acid, vitamin c, oligopeptide 34,
- The most common localized pigmentation disorder affecting the skin are ephelides, more commonly known as freckles. Freckles appear as flat brown pigmentation in sun-exposed areas, usually on the face. They are much more common in fair-skinned individuals, and a propensity to have freckles is an inheritable condition. The degree of pigmentation in the skin changes according to the amount of ultraviolet light exposure, so that freckles usually darken in the summer and lighten in the winter.
- Another very common skin disorder is known Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation PIH . The underlying mechanism is unclear, but may involve inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. While the causes and clinical presentation of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can vary, they are usually secondary to a traumatic incident to the affected area of the skin such as acne, dermatitis, eczema or any form of inflammation of the skin. Sun exposure can worsen this condition. Topical therapies and treatments as mentioned above in combination with sunblock may help this condition
- Solar lentigos/sun spots appear as brown lesions (about 1 centimeter in diameter), typically on the face and hands. Both acute and chronic UV exposure can cause lentigos. While they rarely appear on patients under fifty, they are not caused by age -- sun-protected skin is not affected, even in elderly patients. Solar lentigos are completely preventable with sun avoidance and daily sunscreen use. Finally, whether solar lentigos are treated or untreated, patients should undergo routine skin exams, as they may be at greater risk for skin cancer.
ReviewsSee all reviews
The therapist Sharon is professional, informative and experienced. She was welcoming, friendly and went out of her way to assist me. Thank you, Sharon, you made my consultation a pleasurable experience.
I have been to many treatments before. Absolutely love the treatments at Illovo and the way everything is explained in detail. Well done to an awesome branch.
Melissa is always friendly and 100% punctual, she also takes the time to make it a lovely and relaxing experience. I never feel rushed, the atmosphere is calm and tranquil. She has never hurt me and I she will often ask how my experience is. I thoroughly enjoy my treatments with her. She is both extremely knowledgeable and efficient in all she recommends and does!
I have been coming here for years now and been with Kelly throughout. I am very pleased with her work and have been seeing great results as well. She is professional as well as really relaxed, calm and makes the experience really special all the time.
My skin feels much smoother. It has a natural glow and my moisturisers absorb quicker. The therapist had always been informative and explained all the treatments prior to them beginning. Relaxed environment, friendly and efficient staff!
I absolutely love the results from all various treatments I have been receiving. I feel and look 10 years younger. Melissa is unbelievably knowledgeable and I trust her with my skin 100%. She is brilliant!
Melissa is an amazing therapist with a wealth of knowledge and fabulous personality to boot. My skin is showing great improvement and Melissa is great with recommending what I need. My monthly visits here are a real treat!
Melissa is highly personable and extremely professional. I trust her skill and recommendations implicitly and I am comfortable around her (she also happen to be one of my favourite people all round). She delivers consistently high treatment standards!
Johandi is absolutely professional in her job as a therapist. I would highly recommend her and have been satisfied with her treatments and advise throughout my time at Skin Renewal Willowbridge.
Staff always friendly and polite. Always willing to help move an appointment around. I have already recommended Skin Renewal to a few of my friends.
Warm and welcoming reception. My therapist Landa takes me through all the steps of the treatment to make me comfortable. She is a pleasure to work with and has a great personality! Best wishes.
I visited Skin Renewal to seek help for my pigmentation. Dr Bianca explained everything step by step. The staff is friendly and kind. I really see improvement on my face. My therapist Melissa is just amazing. I can't wait to see the end results. Thanks Skin Renewal, you guys rock!
My battle with severe pigmentation has been for several years - I went to every doctor, dermatologist, plastic surgeon available to me. I have done Fraxel, to name a few, all these treatments would only cause slight improvement and then a month or two later it would come back in some way darker than it originally was. Doctor Allem has been my saving grace. I wish I came to her sooner, she is a power house of knowledge on all issues, specially relating to pigmentation and ageing. People comment on how nice my skin is looking and ask what I have done. I would only recommend Dr Allem and her branches. I cannot express my thanks to her enough.
I am so pleased with the treatment I received. My face has become much better in the last 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing you when I get Back from Overseas.
Good service from Heather and the Claremont Team. I Enjoyed being educated on the products and the process of my treatment.
Bernice adopts treatments to my individual needs to treat my pigmentation through various peels & facials. Her caring attitude always makes me feel special. She is exceptionally perceptive as to what products I need and can afford.
Overall experience: I cancelled appointment possibly because it was a birthday facial and not chargeable??? Overall good service.
Bianca is an amazing therapist, she is the best I've ever had: extremely professional and knowledgeable. I always love my time spent at Skin Renewal Constantia. Bianca knows exactly how to make a woman feel great about their skin. She, and the treatments, deliver amazing results.
Angie has been treating my skin for a few years now and each treatment thus far has been awesome. Extremely friendly and good to my skin.
The facilities are fabulous and the staff very friendly. My therapist took the time to explain what I should expect and took great care to accommodate my schedule.
Nicole is very understanding and explains everything really well. Loving all the products and home care advice.
The venue is superb, always spotless and fresh with everything working well. The staff is friendly and professional. Liezel is superb, always friendly with an amazing soft touch. I trust her advice. I always feel like my money was well spent coming here.
The therapist is very knowledgeable and provides consistent feedback on how the treatment works, what to expect during the session and how the skin will react post and in between sessions. Having had only 2 out 6 sessions so far, I am beginning to see a positive difference. My skin looks and feels firmer, the dark patches are fading and I feel great.
Landa has been my therapist since I started treatments at Skin Renewal. Her service is excellent and she is always friendly and makes you feel comfortable. She is very professional in what she does and knows what she is doing.
Consultant was very good and she explained the treatment in advance and also when it was done, she also explained what I should expect.
I am amazed by the service I got from all the Skin Renewal therapists. They have been very professional and guided me on the best products and treatments for the problems I currently experience.
I have had a pleasant experience with my treatments at Skin Renewal Fourways. My therapist is always so friendly and makes me feel comfortable at all times. My results have been great. I would recommend them anytime.
Landa my therapist is always friendly and asks about my personal life. She is genuinely concerned about my condition. Always friendly
Treatment has been most professional. I look forward to seeing results after the 4th treatment.
Liezel is always professional and cordial. Have known her level of expertise for years now. She is "firm"and "gentle" and explains the process. The atmosphere at the clinic/salon is relaxed and friendly as well with happy smiley faces,. I am anxious to see the end results after I have completed my 6-8 treatments. Crossing fingers that it has been money well spent.
Very helpful and the advice I get I will apply to my whole family. The continuous support from Tamara is amazing.
I am very pleased about the service and professionalism. My skin is looking radiant and healthy again. Tamara is truly great and professional and proactive!
Landa is a good therapist, she definitely made me feel calm and collected before my first treatment. Keep up the good work!
The treatment and possible "after effects" was explained furthermore, Landa is very professional and made me feel comfortable at all times.
First thing you will feel warm like you are at home. They listen to you and they will give you their love. Importantly they make sure that you have the best health possible. They can help to balance your hormones. My face was really bad, anything that I used on my face was too strong for me. My face was itchy and red, now I am free!
Baie professioneel, vriendelik en gee goeie raad vir my vel. Tammy probeer nie allerande onnodige produkte aan mens verkoop nie, maar gee die gevoel dat jy is in bekwame hande. Ek is 'n uiters tevrede klient.
Liezel is a very professional and I appreciate her honesty and have never felt that I'm just a patient she wants to make money out of. I also really appreciate her accommodating the difficult hours I ask for and her understanding when I'm late. The facility is very clean and calming an I enjoy it here.
The staff and Doctors are extremely welcoming and friendly, caring and professional. The procedure is thoroughly explained to you as well as the explaining of the procedure precautions of what to do and what not to do.
I will and have recommended Skin Body Renewal to friends and colleagues.
I have been coming here for about 2 years. I have always been very happy with the results and Beverley is fantastic.
Tamara is always professional and friendly. She always makes me feel welcome and at home. She knows the products well and always explains the treatments. She has given me good advice since I started to see her and my skin has really improved. I always look forward to my monthly appointment. Thank you!
Making the decision to invest in proactive skin care was the best decision I have made. You can invest in clothes, but the decision to invest in your skin lasts forever. The preventative treatments have made huge improvements to my skin and confidence.
Skin Renewal always delivers excellent service, both in terms of treatment and skin care advice. Therapists are very well trained, and quality of their service is always consistent.
Therapist takes great care to talk, soothe and forewarn throughout treatment. Always very attentive, sensitive and caring.
Expert advice and tailor-made treatments and trained professional therapists. They have a genuine concern and do their best for their clients' needs. Money well spent.
Tammy lewer werklik uitstekende diens. Ek weet ek kan haar raad vra vir enige iets, en indien sy nie dadelik 'n antwoord vir my het nie sal sy altyd gaan uitvind. Sy laat my baie op my gemak voel en ek sien altyd uit na my behandelings by haar. Sy is voorwaar 'n aanwins vir Skin Renewal.
Great! Friendly yet not overly so, treatment is good and Nicole explains everything well.
Angie is brilliant. She is always professional, friendly and takes interest in her clients. I look forward to our appointments!
I have worked with Dr Lestonn and Liezel and wish to say that they have been excellent with treatments on both my face and neck. They are always pleasant and happy to see the client.
Very proffessional and attentive staff! Complete transparency with prices and pay absolute care as to my comfort during treatments.
Customer service is excellent. Always willing to assist when required. Time frame with regard to Feedback is excellent. Carien is excellent, friendly always willing to assist when required. Enjoy my session with her. Makes me feel as if I am at home.
I can see the difference on my skin after only two sessions. Very happy with the results so far and the treatment I'm getting at skin renewal.
Thank you very much.
Friendly, helpful staff.
I Love that all treatments that have been done on my face, have made a huge change to my skin! Not much breakouts any more and improved discoloration.
I would like to thank Ilona Swart for her excellent service and treatment. Ilona is always warm, friendly, efficient and punctual at each appointment I attend with her. Her knowledge is exceptional and her service is world class. She makes every visit to the Irene branch an experience to treasure! Thank you Ilona!
I have had the best skin Renewal experience since my 1st visit. The staff is amazing. Dr Cecile is kind and patient, Alex keeps me on time and up to date with my appointments, Natasha is sweet, welcoming and keeps the house in order. Last but not least is my therapist Landa, she is awesome, warm hearted and is always keeping me calm and stable during my treatments... They are a splendid family.