The Contact YAG procedure utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, discretely, and effectively treat Acne and inflammation in the skin. The Laser heats up the papillary dermis and the upper reticular dermis resulting in shrinking the sebaceous glands which are responsible for excess oil production.
Furthermore, the laser treats acne and breakouts by:
- Reducing the deep-seated inflammation and pigment in the skin (often perceived as dark scars)
- It starts repairing the epidermal barrier layer
- Restores the broken basement membrane
- Shrinks the small veins which bring inflammation into the affected areas
- Improves acne scarring by stimulating collagen production
- Reduces the size of the superficial pores n the skin
- Increases cell turnover which in turn helps to lessen congestion and blockages in the skin
On average, you may require four to six treatments in order to achieve optimal results, but in severe cases, more treatments may be required. It is also essential to combine these treatments with the appropriate maintenance products and good sun protection.
For more information about your expected results or the number of treatments necessary, please consult the aesthetic doctor at your nearest Skin Renewal Branch, where your attending Doctor will be able to provide you with some insight.