The PDT with MesoSilkpeel Facial is a fantastic monthly maintenance facial. It’s the perfect pre-event treatment to give you a healthy, hydrated, beautiful glow before an event or photoshoot. It is a relaxing, non-invasive, zero-downtime procedure that can be done in a lunch hour!
Frequently Asked Questions
PDT with MesoSilkpeel Facials are available in Johannesburg at Fourways, Parkhurst, Morningside, Bedfordview, West Rand, Waterfall and Illovo as well as in Pretoria at Brooklyn and Irene and in the Western Cape at Cape Quarter, Claremont, Constantia, Stellenbosch, Willowbridge, Paarl, and in KwaZulu-Natal at Ballito, Durban & Umhlanga.
This treatment combines the power of PDT therapy (which is also known as rejuvenating LED therapy - i.e. using visible light wavelengths to promote skin rejuvenation, anti-ageing, skin healing amongst other fantastic benefits), with potent Meso-Infusion active ingredients.
The treatment is tailored for each patient in two ways, namely the correct light and wavelength (PDT) is chosen for the patient’s specific needs and skin concern and this is combined with applying a specifically selected Meso-Infusion to further treat the patient’s skin concern.
There are four different Meso-infusions available, namely:
- Brightening Meso-Infusion - for pigmentation & skin brightening
- Vitamin C Meso-Infusion - for its anti-oxidant properties
- Salicylic Meso-Infusion - for congested, oily, break-out prone skin
- HA Meso-Infusion - to hydrate the skin.
PDT skin rejuvenation works with the body's own natural processes to counteract the effects of ageing. Red light is used for calming, soothing, anti-inflammatory and skin rejuvenation. Blue light is used for oily, congested skin to curb bacterial activity and heal the skin. Yellow light improves drainage, circulation and healing.
The different lights target specific cells which are responsible for the synthesis and repair of the skin's supportive structures. Consequently, substances are then released that induce the activity of fibroblast cells (collagen & elastic producing cells) and the release of growth factors (skin healing proteins that promote rejuvenation and restoring normal cellular activity).
With monthly treatments, one will notice over time, how the PDT combined with the appropriate Meso-Infusion can soften fine lines, improve skin softness, smoothness, tone, texture, clarity, reduce redness, reduce sensitivity and improve radiance all with no downtime or pain. All skin types can be safely treated. Pregnant and Breastfeeding patients can also have this treatment.
Because of the ability to tailor and customise the facial for each patient, a wide variety of concerns can be treated, including:
- Dry, dehydrated skin
- Red, rosacea prone skin
- Dull, tired, sallow complexion
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne, breakouts and pimples
- Superficial pigmentation
- Sensitive, sore skin
- Ageing skin
- Mild sun damage
- All skin types in need of some basic maintenance and a healthy glow
Very few contra-indication exist for this treatment, the only time a patient would be contra-indicated would be:
- If the patient is currently undergoing treatment for skin cancer
- If the patient is under-going any chronic treatment which requires them to take medication that causes light sensitivity in the skin
- Pregnant & Breastfeeding patients - are not contra-indicated, but they are limited in what they can have, so they are treated with care and caution. These patients can have a PDT & MesoSilkpeel Facial with Red light and the HA Meso-Infusion.