When we were younger and our skin had abundant collagen, the only lines and wrinkles we had were dynamic. All dynamic wrinkles, with age, will eventually lead to static wrinkles as collagen is depleted and constant motion "cracks" the skin. Dynamic Wrinkles are caused by facial expressions and repetitive facial movements. Each time we use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface of the skin, which is why we see lines form with each facial expression. As skin ages and loses its elasticity, the skin stops springing back to its line-free state, and these grooves become permanently etched on the face as fine lines and wrinkles.
There is a range of Dermal Fillers available, the type, cost and amount of fillers used will be determined by the area you wish to treat and your attending Doctor's discretion.
These fillers include:
- Juvéderm® HYDRATE is used to improve skin hydration and elasticity by replacing Hyaluronic Acid lost through ageing. Juvéderm® HYDRATE works as a hydrating agent, attracting moisture, retaining it within the skin to maintain a healthy glow.
- Juvéderm® VOLIFT® (with lidocaine) delivers a natural look and feel and is excellent for smoothing nasolabial folds.
- Juvéderm® VOLUMA® can be injected into the cheek area to restore its natural suppleness. A fine needle targets the area to boost volume and contour the face.
- Juvederm Ultra 4 is used for volumising and the correction of deeper folds and wrinkles, including enhancing volume in the cheeks and chin.
- Juvederm Ultra 2 is used for the subtle correction of medium facial lines and skin depressions. It also enhances lip contour.