Metformin comes from the plant world. The French Lilac plant (called Galega officinalis) was used for centuries as a folk medicine for the treatment of Diabetes. The active ingredient in the French Lilac plant, called guanidine compounds, were discovered and isolated in the 1920’s and the drug Metformin has been safely used in the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes for the last 40 years.
At Skin Renewal, we have realized the importance of the conditions which contribute to skin conditions, ageing and a decline in health. Thus we connect the dots of chronic symptoms and formulate a comprehensive settlement plan to improve the health of all our patients.
Every patient has to be seen by one of our doctors before any treatment can be prescribed, albeit a skin condition such as acne, body shaping or weight loss or IV infusions.
Benefits of using Metformin;
- Reduces Insulin levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Increases peripheral glucose uptake
- Increases sensitivity and number of insulin receptors
- Decreases glucose absorption from GI tract
- Facilitates WEIGHT LOSS
- Inhibits production of sugar by the liver
- Prevents non-alcoholic liver disease
- Increases fatty acid oxidation NALFD
- Reduces development of atherosclerosis
- Lowers blood cholesterol
- Improves cellular immunity
- Enhances the activity of anti-cancer drugs
- Suppresses the growth of some tumours
- Alleviates Metabolic Syndrome