Skin Renewal Tip
At Skin Renewal, with combination treatments every 2 weeks, in 3 months we can take almost any skin to the next level: luminous, smooth and tight. With combined treatments which include Laser Genesis and Titan, the prospects of “the perfect skin” are now possible but this usually comes at price. At Skin Renewal we have recognized this problem and have come up with a customized solution to make it more affordable by combining Laser Genesis in an affordable package over a period of time As best results are seen with after 4 to 6 treatments, every client is provided with a fully customised year long solution dependant on the patient’s age, relevant skin problem, budget and expectations. The effects of each treatment is accumulative meaning that the results of each previous treatment is improved with each additional treatment and the best results come down the line when new collagen that is stimulated remodels and a further tightening effect is noticed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1How does one define “skin of colour” ?
- 2Can lasers be performed on people of colour / darker skin types / Black skin?
- 3What side effects can occur with laser treatments?
- 4What skin conditions can laser treatments treat?
- 5What laser treatment is used for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation PIH and hormonal pigmentation in people of colour/darker skin types/Black skin?
- 6What other conditions can the Laser Genesis treatment by Cutera also treat in people of colour/darker skin types/Black skin?
- 7Can laser hair removal be done in people of colour/darker skin types/Black skin?
- 8What awards has the Cutera Nd:YAG won in the international market?
- 9What tightening procedures can be done for sagging skin in people of colour/darker skin types/Black skin?
- 10Is the Cutera Laser Genesis and Titan laser treatment safe for dark skin types?
- 11Why is it necessary to consult with a medical doctor before laser treatments?
- 12What results can one expect form the Laser genesis procedure using the Nd Yag?
People of colour are a very large group, which in South Africa includes people of African and Asian descent. It also includes patients of mixed backgrounds who have more darkly pigmented skin.
Darker skin type people represent a significant and growing group of patients seeking aesthetic procedures. This is because of the increased awareness of safe, affordable aesthetic procedures. These procedures include amazing new lasers such as the Cutera Titan and Laser Genesis procedures that are colour blind and are less invasive than previous generations of lasers. Yet special concerns have to be addressed when treating skin of colour and not just any kind of laser can be used.
One of the concerns in people of colour with regard to laser treatments is scarring and post treatment hyperpigmentation which can occur if the incorrect laser/light treatment is given. Intense Pulsed Light or IPL, a light treatment available at select beauty salons, is great for skin rejuvenation in lighter skin tones but is not indicated for darker skin tones as there is a high risk of burns, PIH( post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and scarring.
Skin rejuvenation with lasers on people of colour should be able to address most of the concerns such as pigmentation, acne scars, sagging, wrinkles and a dull complexion.
Traditional skin rejuvenation treatments such as peels, microdermabrasion and bleaching agents are not successful for pigment such as melasma and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation PIH that has leached into the dermis. That is when the use of certain lasers such as the long pulsed Nd Yag or Laser Genesis procedure become effective to safely treat darker skin including skin type 6. The Laser Genesis procedure by Cutera gently heats up the dermis, causing cavitation bubbles, which disrupt the unwanted dermal pigment, breaking it into smaller particles which are able to move upward to the epidermis where it can be easily removed with exfoliation.
The Laser Genesis procedure also safely treats acne scarring, pores, fine lines, wrinkles, keloids and stretch marks . As with most non ablative procedures, eight to 10 monthly treatments are necessary to see an improvement.
- Our innovative new treatment settings for the Laser Genesis procedure has dramatically improved our results for more difficult to treat skin problems such as skin laxity and stretch marks .
- For keloids scars, especially red keloids scars, at Body Renewal we have great success with our Laser Genesis procedure which shrinks the scar and the redness associated with it.
- Laser genesis also improves the appearance of stretch marks especially if combined with Carboxytherapy
- At a different setting, the Nd Yag laser can safely be used for laser hair removal.
At a different setting, the Nd Yag can safely be used for laser hair removal in all skin types.
In 2005, 2006 and 2007, in the USA, the Aesthetic Trends and Technologies Choice Awards™, nominated the Cutera Nd:YAG for the most diverse hair removal laser for all skin types, and for the non ablative laser for collagen remodeling. In addition, Cutera Nd:YAG was also nominated for the best hair removal laser for dark skin types. See Laser Hair Removal
For sagging skin and for collagen stimulation, infra red light treatments such as Titan and radiofrequency treatments such as Accent and TriPollar safely heat up the dermis in all skin types to cause an immediate tightening effect and collagen stimulation down the line.
The laser/light treatments mentioned above offer exceptional skin rejuvenation, hair removal and skin tightening results with minimal discomfort and downtime for all skin types. At Skin Renewal, hundreds of laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation procedures have been safely performed over the last 5 years in all skin types.
People of colour who are looking at skin rejuvenation treatments or laser hair removal treatments with lasers or lights would be well advised to consult with a medical doctor with experience in treating skin of colour to prevent unwanted effects such as full thickness burns, permanent scarring and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
With Laser Genesis you can expect to see subtle yet consistent results after each treatment, without unwanted side effects such as swelling, redness or excessive skin irritation as one sees with more aggressive laser treatments such as the newer fractionated treatments. Treatments can be performed in a relaxed, comfortable manner without the use of topical anesthetics or gel. 4 to 6 treatments are needed are needed for most of the treatments mentioned above. See Laser Genesis procedure
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here